Diploma of Education- Collaboration between EPSB and Faculty of Education
As you may have heard, school districts in the Greater Edmonton area are feeling tight budgetary constraints and many beginning teachers have not been extended a probationary contract for the next school year. You might want to think about using this year to hone your pedagogical expertise and get experience in schools!
Edmonton Public Schools, in collaboration with the University of Alberta, and supported by the Alberta Teachers’ Association and Alberta Education, is excited to offer a Diploma in BUILDING TEACHING AND LEARNING IN AN URBAN CONTEXT.
- The year will follow the public school year, beginning the end of August, finishing first week of June.
- 24 credits – 8 courses – spread over 3 terms to align with U of A student funding criteria for full-time enrollment.
- Collaborative co-constructed classrooms – on-site at CHC and JP – with extension activities in satellite schools across the district.
- Site-based, contextual assessments focusing on adolescent literacy, SN and ELL strategies within specific content areas, instructional coaching and technology best practices.
- Elementary placements are also available.
You are invited to attend: Tuesday, June 28th at 9:45 am
BUILDING TEACHING AND LEARNING IN AN URBAN CONTEXT Program Information Session and Site Tour Centre High Campus 10310 - 102 Ave Edmonton, Alberta **EPSB Principals and Board Personnel will be available to answer your questions!** Email Kelly Harding (EPSB & U of A) for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org If coming by LRT, exit at Bay Station/Enterprise Square and walk one block north. Pay Parking is available in lots located on 104 Street, or in the Bay Parkade at the west end of City Centre Mall.